The Ridgely Firm

CPS, Child Abuse, Family Violence, Drug Possession

Free Initial Consultation | Affordable Rates | Payment Plans

Office: (469) 609-0069

24 Hour:  (214) 236-7250 (Call or Text)

After-Hour & Weekend Appointments by Request

Dallas | Carrollton CPS & Child Abuse Lawyers

When you are facing a CPS or other abuse related investigations, you need a strong and creative defense team of Family and Criminal Lawyers ready to help you.  Its quit common for the Family and Criminal areas to mix but uncommon for attorneys to be well versed in both areas.  Our Criminal | Family Lawyers work as a team to provide you with a sound defense.  At the Ridgley Firm, we understand that nothing is more important than your children and your freedom.  Contact our experienced CPS | Child Abuse Lawyers serving Addison, Dallas, Carrollton, Frisco, Plano, TX and all cities within Collin, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant Counties.

This Texas Family Law | Criminal Lawyers at the Ridgley Firm offer after hour appointments so you do not have to miss work call or email us to schedule your free initial consultation.

How We Can Help You


  • Child Protective Services Defense
  • Removal Defense
  • Termination Proceedings
  • Grandparent & Relative Placements
  • Reunification & Monitored Returns

Criminal Allegations

  • Abuse Allegation Defense
  • Pre-Indictment Representation
  • Endangerment of Child Defense
  • Family Violence
  • Drug & Alcohol Allegations

Conveniently Request Appointment by Email

When Would You Like to Meet?

[gravityform id=”2″ title=”false” description=”false”]

What To Do In a Contested CPS Investigation


Stay calm and control your emotions.


Contact a CPS Lawyer immediately before you do anything else.


Don’t speak with anyone until you’ve consulted an attorney.


If a Detective contacts you don’t agree to a lie detector test until you’ve consulted an attorney.


Just assume that every conversation you have with CPS or a Detective is being recorded.

40 Years Combined CPS & Criminal Experience

Our CPS | Child Abuse Lawyers have over 40 years combined legal experience in CPS and Criminal Defense matters and aggressively defend the rights of their clients Collin, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant Counties.  Meet with us to learn how our team of CPS and Criminal litigators can help you.  We serve all individuals facing CPS and Child Abuse allegations throughout Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, and Tarrant county and conveniently serve all residents in Addison, TX, Carrollton, TX, Dallas, TX, Plano, TX, Richardson, TX, Lewisville, TX and surrounding cities.

Common Questions about CPS & Criminal Investigations

CPS left a card on my front door, should I call them?

This is difficult to answer.  Consider why they may have come by your house first, that will give you a good indication of how serious things may be.  Safest approach would be to contact a CPS lawyer to discuss the potential allegations.  With an attorney representing you, CPS will have to communicate through your lawyer first before contacting you directly.  This is a good way to find out what the allegations are if you don’t already know.  If you do decide to speak with them without a CPS or Criminal Lawyer, realize that you are most likely being recorded and that if you say anything that could possibly be misconstrued, it will be.

Should I take a Drug Test?

This is also a very difficult question.  Refusal to take a drug test will construed as a failed drug test.  That being said, consulting an experienced CPS lawyer before doing anything with CPS is the safest thing to do.  The tests that CPS normally uses are “mouth swabs” and its not uncommon to hear about false positives occuring with swab tests.  If a drug test is appropriate in your case a knowlegeable CPS Lawyer will know of a reputable and reliable drug clinic to use instead of relying on a mouth swab.

How can a CPS or Criminal case move forward on just a "he said / she said" situation?

It happens all the time.  Believe it or not, a person can have their lives completely destroyed over flimsey allegations when it comes to child abuse.  The standard of proof involved in a CPS case is lower than what is required in most criminal cases.  However, even in criminal cases, its not uncommon at all for a person to find themselves on trial (and even in jail for life) with abosutely no evidence other than an accusers statements.

Does my child have to go to foster care?

Not necessarily.  If you act quickly its sometimes possible to arrange temporary placement of your child with a relative and avoid court altogether while things get straighted out with CPS.  If however CPS claims their is an threat to the child’s safety that requires immediate removal, the child may have to spend a little time in foster care, but normally CPS will ask you for names of relatives to be screened by CPS for temporary placement.  Acting fast is the best thing to do to avoid disrupting your children too much in a CPS proceeding.

Still have some questions?   Please contact our office or send us an email!